Spoonk Organic Hemp with 1 Regular Organic Hemp Mat with carrying bag or 1 Travel Sized Organic Hemp Mat that can be rolled into a headrest for effective neck and head massage.
The Spoonk Organic Hemp Mat works on the simple principle of acupressure – the healing art known as the Shiatsu massage. By stimulating increased circulation with 6210 acupressure points on problematic areas, you relieve muscle tension and pain, while at the same time rejuvenating and rebalancing the whole body.
The stimulation points are made with high quality, non-toxic, hypoallergenic ABS plastic. Spoonk is the only brand that uses plant based, USA-made, CertiPur-US Eco-foam free from PBDE flame retardants and made using VPF technology. We use the highest quality organic hemp fabric has higher durability and natural antiseptic properties than conventional cotton. Our fabric is GOTS certified (Global Organic Textile Standard) and made from a blend of 55% organic hemp and 45% organic cotton.
Recommended by Doctors:
“Spoonk Acupressure Mat: Acupressure mats provide natural and powerful back-pain relief and body and mind relaxation. Using a Spoonk acupressure mat helps to increase your parasympathetic nervous system and get you into deep relaxation before sleep.”
-New York Times best selling author, “Eat Fat, Get Thin” Mark Hyman, MD.
94% Improved sleep quality
98% Muscle pain relief
96% Deep relaxation
Sleep Induction & Back Treatment:
• Lie down on your back against the Spoonk mat in your bed. We recommend direct skin contact with the mat for 20-40 minutes for the best effect.
• The initially strong sensation of the stimulation spikes will subside after 1-2 minutes as relaxation spreads throughout the body, reducing stiffness and pain. A tolerance can be built up by gradually increasing the time on the mat. If you find the sensation too strong, we recommend you start with a T-shirt thin enough to feel the stimulation points.
• Once you reach a deeper level or relaxation you are ready to remove the mat and go to sleep. Relaxation before sleep is crucial to achieve deeper and sounder sleep.
• Deep sleep helps us produce the growth hormone which is needed to boost our immune system, help us look younger, and aid healing in general.
Foot Massage & Reflexology:
• Stand on the Spoonk mat for 3-5 minutes when you feel fatigued (we recommend wearing socks while standing on the mat).
• According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, our feet have specific reflex areas that correspond to the body’s organs.
• Reflexology foot massage has a rejuvenating effect on the whole body.
• Ideal for tired feed, Planter Fasciitis, and other foot ailments.
• Position the Spoonk mat under your abdomen for 20 minutes. Wear a thin T-shirt due to sensitive skin in this area.
• Abdominal massages help to relax the body and mind, as well as boost digestion and energy.
Rise & Shine Treatment:
• Instead of the snooze button, try lying on the Spoonk mat for 10 minutes in the morning!
After Yoga or Exercise:
• You may start and end your yoga routine with 10 minutes of Spoonk massage to calm the mind and deepen the relaxation effects of yoga.
• After any workout, you may wrap the mat around sore muscles to lessen stiffness.
Roll It Up:
• Roll the mat up and use it for a neck and head massage, or for the small of your back.
• Has velcro panels to keep it in place.
Use It Flat:
• Lay the mat flat for a back massage or step on it (with socks on) for a reflexology foot massage.
• Press any painful muscle areas against the stimulation points for a deep tissue massage whenever you need to soothe stiffness and reduce inflammation which causes muscle pain.
Take It With You
• Spoonk Travel Mats are a small, convenient size and come with a self-carrying strap for easy transport.
• On a plane, or a long car ride, nothing works as well for reducing Sciatica pain as the travel Spoonk rolled up and pressed against your lower back area.